Do you want to regenerate thumbnails or apply new image size to the old images in WordPress? then you are at the right place.
In WordPress, if you change the theme that uses different size to its feature image or on the posts page, then the look you will find on your website will be distorted (maybe the image size looks small or too big to fit the area of post).
Here we have posted the simple guide that will help you to easily regenerate thumbnails size or new image size in WordPress. Just follow the below guide.
How to Regenerate Thumbnail Images in WordPress
Below we have written the step by step guide that you need to follow carefully, so you would be able to regenerate the thumbnails size. Let’s take look to the below instruction.
Step 1: Install Regenerate Thumbnail Plugin
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New in your WordPress dashboard.
- Search for Regenerate Thumbnails.
- Click Install Now.
- Activate to get this plugin working on your website.
Step 2: Regenerate Your Thumbnail Images
Next, navigate to Tools > Regen. Thumbnails in your WordPress dashboard to begin the process of regeneration.
- After clicking on the Regen. Thumbnails menu item.
- You will see a screen explaining the purpose of this plugin.
- In addition, you will see the Regenerate All Thumbnails button so you can change all of your old image sizes to match the dimensions of your new theme.
Simply click on the Regenerate All Thumbnails button and all of your images will regenerate to display correctly on the front-end of your website.
Once you click to Regenerate all thumbnails button, the progress bar will appear and it will take some times to complete depend on how much images are on your blog or website.
After finish, you will see the success image as like the below screenshot.