You’ll find that all smartphone users have already installed WhatsApp due to its fast way of communication, easy to use interface, mainly because almost everyone use it. Therefore, we can’t ignore it to have in our phone too as we want easy way and accessible way to connect with our friends, coworkers and family.
In this post, we will look what are the Pros and Cons we have in using WhatsApp; let’s educate ourself from the following list:
Advantages and Disadvantages of WhatsApp
Some of the advantages of using WhatsApp are:
- WhatsApp is completely free for use😉.
- Instantly send a message to anywhere in the world.
- Easy to use, even a novice mobile user can use it.
- Voice call support.
- Video calling available.
- Payment support (latest feature)
- Effectively respond to certain messages: For example, if someone asks you two questions, you can indicate which one you’re responding to.
- Send to anyone Document files up to 100Mb such as PDF, Slideshows, etc.
- It does not have those buggy advertisements on the display screen.
- WhatsApp calling made it more reliable.
- It also has the features to delete the message that you have sent (So He/She won’t be able to read what you have sent to them) in a period of 1-2 hour.
- It imports contacts from your phone and tells you how many of your friends are using WhatsApp.
- You can share your location, photos, status, images, documents, videos with your friends.
- You can also share Live Location for 15 minutes, 1 hour and 8 hours.
- It does work without sim card, Only if your (Mobile No) account already registered, Make sure you have internet connection😅.
- Interactive chat: You can use various typing/format techniques while chatting, such as bolding *your word*, italicising _your word_, and striking through the text with _your word_.😎
- Free of charge: You need not spend any money for chatting and sharing with your friends (except the internet charges)
- It shows that your message sent or not and the receiver has received or read the message. (single tick for sent and double tick for delivered, grey is for delivered and blue is to show that the person reads the message).
- It also shows that the receiver received your voice message and listened to it. (Tips: Know The WhatsApp Voice Message Played or Not.
- Free calls to other WhatsApp users are supported.
- One of the best features is that it provides an easy way to change your number to another number without losing your existing WhatsApp account.
- App interface of WhatsApp is very simple and user-friendly, that’s why it is very easy to use.
- WhatsApp started providing end-to-end encryption feature, which makes your WhatsApp communication highly secure.
- It has also extended its services for using directly in a web browser and Desktop System (Windows, macOS)
- It saves your money by reducing normal Text and Multimedia messages cost.
- Almost everyone all over the world who uses smart phone has, uses WhatsApp as must have app.
WhatsApp has some disadvantages too:
- There is the risk; your spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend may read the messages.
- One of the apps where people easily and frequently build suspense, if you stated you were going to do something a few minutes ago and then returned online, the person begins to believe that you are ignoring your partner, which may cause conflict in your relationship😬.
- It can be not very pleasant sometimes due to constant messages.
- You must have access to the internet to send and receive messages for free.
- In a group, only the Group-Admin can add the persons / give admin title to other persons in the group.
- Anyone can easily add you in any friends or spamy group, even though, you don’t want to be a part of it.
- Your profile picture is visible to every person having your contact number.
- WhatsApp is addictive. Once you get addicted to it, it’s very difficult to get over WhatsApp addiction.
- You need to share your number in case you want to add someone and communicate.
- Restriction on sharing some widely shared posts.
I hope we have covered all the negative and positive things of WhatsApp.
Let us know your opinion about WhatsApp in the comment box.
Don’t forget to share this good and bad things list of WhatsApp with your friends and family, to educate them about these things.